ROSATOM is the Russian Federation national nuclear corporation bringing together circa 350 nuclear companies and R&D institutions that operate in the civilian and defense sectors. With 70 years' expertise in the nuclear field, we are a global leader in technologies and competencies offering cutting-edge industry solutions. We work on a global scale to provide comprehensive nuclear services that range from uranium enrichment to nuclear waste treatment.
- No. 1 globally in number of nuclear reactors under simultaneous construction (8 in Russia and 34 abroad)
- No. 2 globally in uranium reserves and No.3 globally in annual uranium extraction
- No. 2 globally and No. 1 in Russia in terms of nuclear power generation (about 18% of total power generated in Russia)
- 36% of the global uranium enrichment market
- 17% of the global nuclear fuel market
- the world's only nuclear icebreaker fleet
ROSATOM is a proponent of the uniform national policy and best management practices in nuclear power utilization, the nuclear weapons industry, and nuclear safety. ROSATOM is responsible for meeting Russia's international commitments regarding peaceful uses of nuclear energy and nuclear non-proliferation. Other - ROSATOM lines of business include nuclear medicine and composite materials.