ROSATOM is the only company in the world to offer integrated clean energy solutions across the nuclear supply chain and beyond, including design, construction and operation of nuclear power stations, uranium mining, conversion and enrichment, supply of nuclear fuel, decommissioning, spent fuel storage and transportation and safe nuclear waste disposal. With 70 years’ continuous experience, the company is the world leader in high-performance solutions for all kinds of nuclear power plants. It is also working in the segments of wind generation, nuclear medicine, energy storage and other. Headquartered in Moscow, the company brings together over 300 enterprises and organizations and over 250,000 employees. Globally, the company has the second biggest uranium reserves, has more than a third of the world’s enrichment market, and is the world's biggest builder of the latest generation nuclear power stations and US$133 billion 10-years export order book.
- No. 1 in the world in terms of the number of simultaneously implemented nuclear reactor construction projects (4 units + ‘Akademic Lomonosov’ FNPP in Russia and 36 units at various implementation stages abroad)
- No. 2 globally in uranium reserves and No.4 globally in annual uranium extraction
- No. 3 globally and No. 1 in Russia in terms of nuclear power generation (18,7% of total power generated in Russia)
- 17% of the global nuclear fuel market
- 36% of the global uranium enrichment market
- the world's only nuclear icebreaker fleet
ROSATOM is a proponent of the uniform national policy and best management practices in nuclear power utilization, the nuclear weapons industry, and nuclear safety. ROSATOM is responsible for meeting Russia's international commitments regarding peaceful uses of nuclear energy and nuclear non-proliferation.